The amazing http://disappearingwoman.wordpress.com/ nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you so much!
Like all blogging awards, it comes with a few rules, and here they are:
(1) Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
(2) You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
(3) Nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination. (I may have broken this rule because I’m so new here!)
(4) Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
Here are the question’s she asked me:
1. What’s something about yourself you’re most proud of?
I am a pretty good listener. Which the world is lacking. Lots of people come to me with their problems. Also I’m pretty ambitious.
2. If you had to spend a year in one place, where would that place be and why?
Somewhere in Europe I think. I adore the thought of Venice or London. One of my main goals is to travel. Somewhere foreign and beautiful.
3. What’s your most embarrassing moment?
I have about a thousand embarrassing moments so I’ll pick the one I did tonight. Yep, I am lucky enough to have an embarrassing moment, nightly. At work, a man called and asked if the flowers he had delivered to the store for one of our employees. I of course had no idea. I thought he was talking about one employee who had left a couple of hours earlier so I said I didn’t know, she was not here and maybe he could call her? He said he had just dropped her off at work an hour ago and got very frustrated. He hung up on me. I saw the girl a few minutes later and realized what I had done. Luckily, the flowers were delivered and she let him know. Still extremely embarrassing.
4. My guilty pleasure is watching trash TV, what’s yours?
Sadly, mine is staying in my bed, with my fuzziest blanket and spending way too much time on the internet, instead of being productive.
5. What teacher had the most impact on you in school and why?
I was home-schooled so my mother taught me every grade, until I started teaching myself. She is the smartest, most innocent person I know.
6. What was your most favorite vacation ever?
A half a dozen years ago, (give or take) I spent two weeks in Washington D.C. and the surrounding East Coast with my family. We saw many beautiful historic things and rode the subway almost every day. I hope to go back one day.
7. What book or movie is your life most like?
I pick Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Sounds odd but hear me out. I had nothing then a somehow found a golden ticket, becoming friends with the most amazing, charismatic man in the world. Then, when I thought it was ending, he showed me the world and told me I could keep it forever. I, of course, accepted. And together we will run our chocolate factory…okay, that’s where the analogy falls apart…
8. Who or what is the main inspiration for your blog posts?
My boyfriend (and my soulmate). He learned I like writing and suggested I make a blog. He reads it every day and praises me, much more than I deserve. He is excited and impressed every time I get a new pingback or comment or follower. He’s the best.
9. Have you ever made a prank phone call? Tell me about it!
Sadly, I have not. But at my job, I answer the phones sometimes. I’ve gotten a few prank calls. One from a guy with a heavy accent asking about lingerie. A couple of kids also called like 8 times in a row. They didn’t say anything just breathed, then hung up and then called again immediately.
10. What’s the funniest YouTube clip you’ve ever watched? Can you share it?
I don’t watch much on YouTube and I can’t think of anything right now but I saw this funny picture of a cat so I’ll share it instead
My ten questions:
1. What is your best physical feature?
2. Can you raise one eyebrow? Or two? Or none?
3. What odd talents do you have?
4. What is your favorite smell?
5. Do you smile for photos?
6. Where would you hide buried treasure (if you had some)?
7. Have you kept any of your new year’s resolutions?
8. What is your least favorite song?
9. Have you ever run out of gas?
10. What’s your favorite thing to drink?
The people I nomiated: